1. Spring slowly coming to New Hampshire. Yesterday we took a drive about 45 minutes south, and were surprised to see the leaves popping out and apple trees and flowering bushes blossoming much more than our trees and shrubs up here. (Photo below is from a previous springtime.)
2. Our favorite local ice cream spot opening for the season. The outdoor seating was not available yet (hopefully that is coming in the next few days) but the ice cream is as delicious as ever. Photo below is from last year.
3. Lovely phone conversations with our faraway daughter and with Jenn, my "daughter of the heart" this week. A sweet card from our local daughter also blessed my heart beyond measure.
4. A wonderful Mother's Day service live streamed from Grace Baptist Church in Elko, NV. They did a special parking lot service for this day, and what a blessing it was to see the familiar faces and cars of family and friends! If you would like to hear the message we heard (it was a true blessing!), go here: When Mothers Come to Jesus. I loved seeing how Pastor Jeremy related this not only to mothers, but also to the inexplicable situation we are all living in right now.
5. Time this week for a bit of long-range planning. I woke up on Monday and realized we are headed for Utah and a family vacation in far fewer weeks than I had thought. The planning was necessary to help me figure out just what I need to accomplish between now and then.
And that's this week's Friday five! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!