1. Spring slowly coming to New Hampshire. Yesterday we took a drive about 45 minutes south, and were surprised to see the leaves popping out and apple trees and flowering bushes blossoming much more than our trees and shrubs up here. (Photo below is from a previous springtime.)
2. Our favorite local ice cream spot opening for the season. The outdoor seating was not available yet (hopefully that is coming in the next few days) but the ice cream is as delicious as ever. Photo below is from last year.
3. Lovely phone conversations with our faraway daughter and with Jenn, my "daughter of the heart" this week. A sweet card from our local daughter also blessed my heart beyond measure.
4. A wonderful Mother's Day service live streamed from Grace Baptist Church in Elko, NV. They did a special parking lot service for this day, and what a blessing it was to see the familiar faces and cars of family and friends! If you would like to hear the message we heard (it was a true blessing!), go here: When Mothers Come to Jesus. I loved seeing how Pastor Jeremy related this not only to mothers, but also to the inexplicable situation we are all living in right now.
5. Time this week for a bit of long-range planning. I woke up on Monday and realized we are headed for Utah and a family vacation in far fewer weeks than I had thought. The planning was necessary to help me figure out just what I need to accomplish between now and then.
And that's this week's Friday five! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
It’s always good to have something special to look forward to! That Utah vacation sounds wonderful! Happy Weekend to you and yours!ReplyDelete
Same to you, Linda! Yes, I do hope the vacation works out; we've had the plane tickets since January. So far so good ...Delete
Listening to the sermon is something I will do. I may be getting a fruit salad as far as doctrine goes by listening to lots of sermons, but I have enjoyed them. I listen to my own church service, my former church service, a wonderful Baptist church sermon, and my daughter's church service. 😊ReplyDelete
I sure hope that this mess will have straightened out by the time you are heading off. My sister and brother-in-law have given up on two vacations to Iowa. 😏
Perhaps I need to check on my ice cream spot. I could use an ice cream. 🍦🍨🍦🍨🍦 Not that many!
The Pastor has a sweet spirit and his sermon was very good and applicable to all not just moms, as he said in conclusion. His prayer was precious as well. Thank you for the link. I see there is a list of sermons on the bottom of the page.Delete
I am so glad you were blessed by Pastor Jeremy's sermon, Vee! We appreciate him very much and we are privileged to count him and his wife Melissa among our dear friends. Yes, there is a list of sermons and we enjoy listening there.Delete
Oh we have been listening to loads of different sermons too, from lots of different churches. From a woman's perspective I also like listening to the devotionals Reba Bowman has been doing. You can access the videos on the Facebook page for Dare for More Ministries. (Blogger wouldn't let me post the link.) Just choose the video you want to play. I have loved the one called "Bigger Than You Think". Her most recent one (from Tuesday) is on endurance and it is also so good. I like to watch/listen to Reba when I am cleaning up the kitchen at night. I've been blessed to hear her in person a couple of times at ladies' retreats.ReplyDelete
Ice cream -- oh, yes! I think you should check on your local spot. We decided to drive by ours on May 3, just on a hunch, and yes, they were open. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Oh, that is too bad about your sister and brother-in-law's vacation plans getting disrupted not once, but twice. Ours is over a month away, so we will see. But we do hope we can still go.
Your ice cream looks so good! What a wonderful treat in the midst of this isolation! Love the picture of the apple blossoms...I wish we had apples in Florida! I hope you have a wonderful trip when the time comes! That is something to really look forward to.ReplyDelete
It was good, Pamela! This past Saturday we had an errand in the Lakes Region and we stopped by a lakeside ice cream place on our way home. I failed to get photos but it was such fun to eat our ice cream while sitting on the dock.Delete
Yes, I hope we have a wonderful trip too. It may look quite different than what we planned.
It's good to be able to plan trips again, isn't it? Apple blossoms are over here, but they were beautiful, and now you get to enjoy yours! Have a good weekend.ReplyDelete
Yes, apple blossoms are just coming on here, and the forsythia is doing well now too. I enjoy your photos from British Columbia so much.Delete