Friday, July 14, 2006

Flowers around my yard

I'm not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination, but it's fun to look around our yard and see the summer flowers here and there -- mostly courtesy of others.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These primroses were originally wild, I believe. A dear friend dug them up and gave them to my daughter for her wildflower garden. They have spread over the years and continue to bloom every July.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are wild orange daylilies, colloquially called "Tiger Lilies" in these parts. These were dug up by my daughter and planted in her wildflower garden. They look beautiful next to the yellow primroses.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And this is bee balm, also shared with me by a friend years ago. She gave me one plant, and now three are blooming. These flowers last a long time, growing brighter along the way. They attract bees -- and hummingbirds!


Hope everyone has enjoyed this glimpse of our summer color!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so pretty!! Maybe next year I can get to work on a wildflower garden here at our new house. :) (And a veggie garden, too!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies, for your nice comments! Glad you enjoyed the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol,

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the flowers. Sadly, I'm having browser issues that prevent me accessing Photobucket at the moment, so who knows how long it will be until I can post more pictures. I was really enjoying being able to add pictures to my blog ... until this happened. Oh well, maybe I was spending too much time on it or something; I'm sure there's a reason.

    Thanks for visiting! Please stop by my kitchen table again sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.