|Hoping to see this bloodroot soon in the wildflower garden; this, and all other photos of spring flowers, is from previous years.|
1. They say you learn something new every day. What did you learn yesterday?
A lot of new-to-me facts about creation as we heard a talk about the early earth. Fascinating stuff.
2. Have you ever had a now or never moment? Elaborate.
I guess probably we all have. That moment where we just have to jump in and say or do something and leave the result in God's hands. I can't think of any specific instances right now.
3. April 25th is National Telephone Day. Do you still have a land line or have you gone mobile only? When you receive a text message do you respond immediately? Last time you turned your phone off? In two or three sentences share with us a story/memory/incident from your childhood (or something current if that's too hard) where the telephone is featured.
Still have a land line. I don't text. Last time I turned my phone off: Saturday night, I think. It's still off.
Funny story from our kids' childhood. We were at the supper table, ready to say grace. It was our older daughter's turn to pray. The phone rang (no caller ID, or even answering machine, back then) and she ran to answer it. She picked it up and said, "Dear heavenly Father..."!
Still makes me laugh, all these years later. Fortunately, it was only her grandmother on the other end.
4. Close call, at someone's beck and call, call the shots, call a meeting, call it quits, call in sick, call on the carpet, wake up call...which call have you 'heard' recently? Explain.
Going through a household full of accumulated stuff (from several individuals) has been a wake-up call to me that I don't want my grown kids and/or grandkids having to deal with that. I'm decluttering my own house as I go, even while trying to dispose of my parents' stuff.
As a side note, has anyone but me noticed that people no longer "call in" when they need to miss work? Instead, they "call out."
5. What subject do you wish you'd paid more attention to in school?
My several years of a foreign language. French, in my case. Only I wish I had taken Spanish.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
It's been so nice to have two days of spring-like weather. Really thankful for it. We still have a bit of snow in shaded areas, but it's melting pretty fast. The photo below was taken in March of a previous year, but it looks a bit like this right now, only less snow.
And so ends another Hodgepodge. The next one will be in a new month ... does anyone else think this year is just flying by?