Saturday, April 11, 2009

Favorite Ingredients Friday for April 10


This is the Easter edition of Favorite Ingredients Friday, and I am late getting this posted, so thought I would share an easy yet festive coffeecake which uses ingredients you probably have on hand. Wonderful for Easter breakfast. I just put one of these in the oven to take to the breakfast at church tomorrow.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COFFEECAKE

Topping:
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. softened margarine
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Cocoa Layer:
3 T. cocoa
1/2 c. sugar

Batter:
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. softened margarine
2 c. flour
1 c. sour cream
2 large eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

For topping, combine flour, sugar and margarine in small bowl until crumbly. Add chocolate chips and set aside.

For cocoa layer, combine ingredients in small bowl; set aside.

For batter, combine sugar and margarine in large bowl; beat until blended. Increase to high; beat until light and fluffy. Reduce heat to low, add remaining ingredients, and beat 3 minutes.

Heat oven to 350ยบ. Grease a 13x9” pan or a 9” tube pan.

Spread half of batter in pan; sprinkle with half the cocoa layer. Repeat layers. Sprinkle topping layer over all.

Bake 50-55 minutes. For tube cake, cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to rack. 13x9” cake will be cut in squares and served from the pan.

2 comments:

  1. I love cheesecake, thanks for sharing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy this recipe if you try it, Debby! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.