Monday, August 29, 2011

After the storm

Photo by Photos Public Domain
Well, tropical storm Irene is history.  Our area has experienced lots of flooding and washed-out roads, etc. but here at our home we fared well.  We did have some fairly heavy wind and rain here last night, but nothing earth-shattering.  The biggest casualty (that I know of) was that our clothesline came down.  Apparently when the wind blew really hard, it blew the tree the clothesline was hooked to, in the opposite direction and it pulled the hook on the other end right out of the house!  But it was easily fixed, and Mr. T managed to do so before he left for work.


Today is beautiful, sunny and breezy, and just warm enough.  We're so thankful for the wonderful way God brought us through the storm, and of course we're continuing to pray for those who've been severely affected by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.