I don't have a lot of free time today, but thought I would quickly share pictures of the curtains I made a couple of weeks ago. For some time I have been wanting to make some curtains (just for the lower half of the windows) for the two dining room windows that look out on our porch.
One day I was glancing at some vintage fabric from my mother's stash. I had been wanting to use it in some way but hadn't figured out just how. As I looked at it this time, something just clicked. Quite obviously it was (or appeared to be) kitchen-curtain material, crisp white with green designs which resemble venetian blinds and green flowerpots containing red geraniums. Perfect for our kitchen/dining area which is abundant in those colors.
So I did some measuring and whipped up some simple curtains. There wasn't quite enough fabric to make them the right length, so I did some more measuring and added a white band across the bottom of each curtain. The white band just called out for a line of green rickrack across the center, so of course I added some!
|A completed curtain|
|A little closer look; sorry it is blurry|
|Close-up of the flower pot/venetian blind design!|