Monday, February 23, 2015

Our favorite focaccia bread

Photo by Taste of Home
 My grandddaughters especially love this Focaccia Bread which I make often.  I've used this Taste of Home recipe for years, but I guess I may never have shared the link here.  I made a batch of this on Friday night to accompany a spaghetti casserole, and was reminded how good it is.  It's a nice, easy bread machine recipe, but to my mind it produces the best focaccia bread I have ever tasted.

Yesterday, I took what was left, about a third of the batch, along to the church potluck lunch.  It got raves even though it was a couple of days old.

If you don't like rosemary, don't worry.  You could use basil, oregano, or, as I often do, Italian seasoning.  Also, if you are like me and seldom keep dry milk on hand, there's no need to fret about that either.  You can leave it out with no problem.  I nearly always substitute olive oil for the softened butter in the dough, as well.

Hope you will give this delicious bread a try.  It's wonderful alongside any pasta dish and it goes great as an accompaniment to soup (which we are eating a lot of this winter!).  Hope you enjoy the recipe if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.