Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Simple summer decor


This time around I am keeping my summer hutch fairly simple.  Often I will decorate it with strawberry items from my collection in June and July, then for August I will switch to seashore-themed items.  For the past couple of years I have just kept the strawberry items up all summer.  It works because my kitchen has a strawberry theme year round!

Eventually I would like to start a small collection of patriotic or red, white, and blue items to use in my July decorating, but that's a future project.

This year I have incorporated some strawberry things into my hutch but have not used them exclusively.  I so enjoyed the look of jadeite and milk glass for spring that I kept it up for summer.  I'll simply show a few pictures and add captions.
A closer look at two of the shelves
I absolutely adore this little blue strawberry bowl which my daughter found in an antique mall in Idaho.  I recently acquired the pretty blue Fire King mug in the Kimberly pattern.  Love how it looks with my blue strawberry bowl!
A few more things; a summer mug, silver baby cup, strawberry sugar shaker
Front-door wreath: simple with daisies and American flags
Closer look
Baker's rack
Strawberry book-page banners I made a few years back
Strawberry banner at a window
Hope you've enjoyed this peek at my simple summer decorating.  Happy Summer, everyone!

I am linking up today with Sandi's No Place Like Home and Bernideen’s Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party.


12 comments:

  1. I love your strawberry stuff, but especially that blue strawberry bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it gorgeous, Sandy? It appears to be hand painted. My daughter knows me well!

    What I have showed here is a small fraction of my strawberry collection. I've posted more of it in the past. One of these days I should get my act together and do so again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to go a bit simpler this fall. I have lots of autumnal decor but I may take some of it to the new place and give some away. The reality is that I get tired of putting up and taking down. Now Christmas...I will continue to go all out for the most wonderful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, Arlene! I will continue to go all out for Christmas, and I am pretty sure I will keep decorating my hutch seasonally, but I definitely think simpler is better in this season of life.

      Delete
  4. The blue strawberry bowl is really cute, Mrs. T.. The strawberry set is pretty too. I don't usually change my decor very much for the summer months, just a couple of things here and there like my birdhouses and a watering can. At Christmastime however, I tend to go all out. Thank you for sharing and enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandi! I do have many more strawberry items (people give them to me! Some of them I display year round, but others aren't seen as often. I really ought to blog about my collection again soon, as people are always adding to it!

      Yes, I tend to go all out at Christmas too! Such a precious time, we Christians *ought* to celebrate!

      Delete
  5. A strawberry theme works very well and I, too, like the jadeite and milk glass. I have done zero decorating this summer. I don't think I've even flipped the calendars since May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand not flipping the calendars, Vee, and certainly not finding time to decorate. Your world turned upside down very unexpectedly. I think you are doing amazingly well considering all that has happened. One day you will find pleasure in decorating again, too.

      Delete
  6. Dear Mrs T.:
    I loved your strawberry banners and what a great creative idea! Your hutch looks very sweet for summer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Bernideen! Thank YOU for your sweet comments.

      Delete
  7. Your summer decor is simply delightful, my friend! And oh my, those banners are darling!

    Have a blessed Sunday! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stephanie! I'm glad you enjoyed the banners. They were fun to design and easy to do.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.