Wednesday, November 30, 2022

End of November hodgepodge

 


 It's Wednesday again, so time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.  This week's Hodgepodge questions help us sum up November and begin to think about December fun.  Here goes:

 1. Sum up your November in ten words or less. 

Wonderful, heartfelt times of fellowship with family and friends.  

 2. Are you hosting any holiday parties this year? Attending any? Party pooper, party animal, or life of the party...where do you land when it comes to parties? 

Not planning on hosting one.  So far we are planning on attending one, with my hubby's former work crew.  It's always a low-key time with lots of delicious food and he enjoys catching up with everyone.   Out of the partier categories mentioned, I guess you would say we are both party poopers.  We tend to go to bed early and so we don't stay late anywhere.  My hubby is Mr. Congeniality and can talk to anyone about anything, but he wants to leave a party by 9 pm if not before.  Thankfully the one party we are planning on is always an early night.

Above you see Mr. T with our daughter, son-in-law, and friend Patty.  He learned a new game on Thanksgiving and had a blast doing so.

3. Do you purchase holiday clothing of any sort (sparkly tops, Christmas jammies, Santa suit, etc). 

Maybe a holiday sweater or vest.  Possibly socks.   I have a couple of Christmas-designed turtlenecks.  The great thing about festive clothing is that it's worn for such a short season it tends to last for years, so I haven't bought anything like this in awhile.

4. What's your go-to recipe when you're asked to bring an hors d'oeuvre to a party? 

This time of year it is always my Festive Cheese Log which I've been making for years.  It travels well and only needs a box or two of crackers to accompany it.

Photo is from Taste of Home, but my cheese log looks quite similar.

5. December 3rd is National Play Outside Day...what might you do to celebrate? 

 Let's see, it will be Saturday.  Maybe a hike or a walk if the weather is nice.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

We got to stay overnight at our little camp on November 27.  The night was rainy but warm, and we must have warmish temps to stay there in winter or late fall.  Much of the building is not insulated and our main source of heat is a wood stove which doesn't hold a fire all night.  So we have to pick and choose our times.  One thing my hubby did while there was to get the lights on the loft Christmas tree.

No, we don't have that much snow yet!  Almost no snow, in fact.  The photo below is from last December.

Oh, and just an FYI to all who are interested -- I'm going to try and post daily during December in my Christmas blog, and hopefully here at my kitchen table as well.  Stop in and visit when you can!

There's the Hodgepodge for this week.  Have a wonderful day, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't fret if life gets too crazy in December to keep up with TWO blogs. 😵‍💫 I can not imagine doing that myself. Your cheese log sounds great to me...must look into that more closely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cottage in the woods looks so cozy. I miss a little bit of snow this time of year. We get a lot of rain instead, which isn't as pretty. I love a good cheese spread and yours looks delish. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to have Xmas decor at your little camp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I do love your cottage. We got snow yesterday, 7 inches! :-)
    Have a lovely December.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your answers. Your little camp looks so cute with the tree and candles in the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again-here is (hopefully) a link to the Greek dip you asked about. It's simple and I usually have the ingredients on hand. https://www.garnishwithlemon.com/layered-greek-dip/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_tribes&utm_content=tribes&utm_term=906626926_39609694_170836

    ReplyDelete

  8. SANDY wrote:
    I have no idea how you manage two blogs but I am going to try and pop in over there for that. We are such non party people here. We are kinda famous for it:) I don't know, but we are just a small group kind of couple. I actually don't like all the goings at Christmas because it can make it a bit too rushed and I like to just absorb the decorations and the tree a little more quietly. I am sure we would mesh up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't do parties much anymore, especially not at night. When we were younger and my hubby was the pastor of a church, we would host Christmas parties at our house, usually two different ones on a weekend to accommodate as many as possible since the house couldn't hold everyone at once. The people would sign up for which night they wanted to come, and it was always a kind of pot luck bring food kind of affair. Always a lot of food and fun, and we'd play a White Elephant gift exchange game that was so much fun. I miss those parties, but don't have the energy to plan it anymore. We do our family gatherings and that is pretty much it. I wish someone else would do it...I would gladly go if I didn't have to do all the work. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that tree with the lights in the loft. Your festive log looks yummy. We don't stay late anywhere anymore. Happy December to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your answers. Your cabin looks nice even though you said it gets cold. I love the lights in the window. I'll have to try and check out your other blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.