Sunday, September 02, 2007

A splendid day at the lake




Last Tuesday was perhaps the last “beach day” for my daughter Carrie and other young moms who try to meet up at a local state park one day each week in summer. I’ve been blessed to accompany her and the kiddos the past few weeks, and this past Tuesday was a special blessing.

Three young moms, two youngish grandmas, two 3-year-olds, two 1-year-olds, a 6-month-old, and three teenage girls made up the group. It was a really nice time of fellowship and fun for all of us. The weather was perfect; it was sunny and plenty warm for swimming, but not too hot, with a nice breeze blowing. The teen girls were wonderfully patient with the 3-year-olds, keeping them safe in the water, building sand castles with them, and so on.

Later in the day, Carrie’s hubby, Jim, joined us, and later still -- after all of the other ladies and kids had departed, Mr. T joined me, Carrie & Jim & their little ones for a swim and a picnic supper. JIm roasted hot dogs; I’d brought along potato salad, baked beans and baby carrots. Afterward, Jim toasted marshmallows for us and we all enjoyed s’mores for dessert! By the time we ate, there was almost no one else left at the lake; it was literally like having our own private beach.

What a splendid day at the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.