Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A fun sewing project


Some of my most joyful moments this Christmas season have been spent at my little glass-topped sewing desk, creating gifts for friends and family. I must note that I am not a perfectionist type of seamstress. The fun of creating means much more to me than making the end result perfect. Saturday, on a whim, I decided to make an apron for a dear friend. She lives several states away, but was to be in New England briefly and we planned a meeting on Sunday afternoon. As I'd been working on other handmade gifts, I had come across some pretty green fabric with tiny red apples. I thought it would be perfect for an apron. And my friend's favorite color is green... so I spent part of Saturday whipping up this apron.

The fabrics are not specifically Christmas ones, so it may be worn anytime... but doesn't it make a pretty apron for this holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.