Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Zucchini Cheese Crisps


ZUCCHINI CHEESE CRISPS

1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs (or use corn flake crumbs)
2 Tblsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
Dash of garlic powder
4 small unpeeled zucchini, cut in half-inch strips about 4 inches long
3 Tblsp. olive oil (original calls for 1/4 cup melted butter)

In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, cheese, and seasonings.

Line a large baking sheet with foil or with parchment paper.

Place the zucchini strips in a gallon size zip-top bag. Add the oil and shake the bag to coat the zucchini strips thoroughly with oil. Add the crumb mixture to the bag and shake well again to coat the zucchini strips with the crumb mixture.

Place the zucchini strips on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 375ยบ for about 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp.

Serves 4.

I adapted this in a major way from a recipe I found in an old Taste of the Country cookbook. My family has always enjoyed zucchini prepared this way. I think it would probably be crisper/crunchier with the corn flake crumbs, but I never seem to have them on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.