Tuesday, October 25, 2011

2-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

(Photo from Diary of a Working Mom)
Just had to share this recipe link:  2-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins.  Hard to believe, but yes, there are only two ingredients -- a can of pumpkin and a spice cake mix!  Nothing else.  If you grow and cook your own pureed pumpkin, use 2 cups of it, as that's about how much is in a can of pumpkin.  I did sprinkle some cinnamon chips on top of my muffins, as I had a few of those to use up.  They would also be good with chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or cinnamon-sugar on top.  I was only able to make a dozen muffins from the recipe, which stated it would yield 15. We liked these a lot.  They are flavorful and nice and moist.  Not quite as good as a from-scratch pumpkin muffin, but very tasty!

5 comments:

  1. Definitely trying this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my son Obadiah will love making these.He loves anything pumpkin and easy recipes are so good for kids.:)~Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies!

    Hope you enjoy this recipe if you try it. If you can't find a spice cake mix, I saw one variation of the recipe that used a yellow cake mix and pumpkin pie spice instead. I found a spice cake mix in the Duncan Hines® brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this same recipe last week! I think I read it on Chickens in the Road....not for sure though. It is good! The kids loved it. And so easy.

    Love your table runner, too.

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl!

    Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! I found this recipe on several sites -- had to google it because I couldn't remember where I'd seen it, then remembered I had pinned it to my recipes on Pinterest -- anyhow, all that to say it is out there several places on the net. Some of the recipes were older -- from 2007 or so, so it's been circulating out there for awhile. Glad I finally caught up with it!

    Stop by again and visit anytime!
    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.