Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pinterest project: A simple Valentine bunting

 
A few weeks ago I came upon this adorable Valentine project :  simple Valentine bunting and promptly pinned it to my Valentine's Day Pinterest board.  It's always a great day when I actually do make a project or recipe I've pinned.  I thought this looked like a fun and quick project to to with my 9-year-old granddaughter after school, so last Wednesday we gave it a try. 

I gathered the materials ahead of time -- an old book (this one, The Little Duke, had seen way better days!), some card stock and scrapbooking paper, buttons, glue, and twine.  I had some pretty scrapbooking paper, but also printed some of the free printable scrapbook paper from Activity Village onto card stock.  It came out so cute!
Our supplies

K. chose pink scrapbook paper for her hearts.
I chose red papers for mine -- the one on the far left looks pink but is a fine red check.
I like the look of this so much that I am going to make more for the other 2 dining room windows.
Hope you have enjoyed this look at our simple Valentine buntings!  The designer has made some with shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day, and stockings for Christmas.  I think they would also be pretty with snowflakes for winter, pumpkins for fall, etc.  I can see that I am going to have to try my hand at more simple seasonal buntings.

6 comments:

  1. Love it!! I like the red the best but I know girlie girls love pink. My own granddaughter would choose pink too. Your granddaughter is so pretty! It is good to have a crafting partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both! Your granddaughter is so tall - I have imagined you with only small grandchildren! LOL She's a beautiful girl, and you're so blessed to have her nearby to craft with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! K. is only 9. It is hard to believe she will not be ten until May. She also has an older sister who will turn 12 in March and also enjoys crafting!

    Glad you enjoyed this peek at our simple crafting efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:20 PM

    I love those! Thank you for including the link. I would love to make a winter one. I think I'm too late for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs T,
    I LOVE your heart banner and though I am late for Valentines day we may make some anyway. :) I think I will try to find a old book (that has seen better days or grab one at the thrift store). Thanks for sharing this. I LOVE the idea. What a fun project for me to do with my girls. :) ~Nikki~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ladies! Thanks for stopping by to see our project!

    Mrs. R -- hope you enjoy the project if you try making one. I can see this idea being used for all seasons, really.

    Nikki -- hearts are never out of season!! You could use heart banners all year round! I am so glad that you love this idea and I hope that you and your girls have loads of fun with it. (One thought on doing this with kids who can read -- make sure that the old book you choose is not unedifying, so that they won't be reading something that's inappropriate as they work. I had never read The Little Prince and I find myself reading the pages as I work with them.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.