Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Goals for week beginning August 5/2013

Isn't that washi tape (holding down the edges of my vintage advertising clipping) amazing?  You can download it here: Free Digital Washi Tape at
A Typical English Home.
Not only a new week (which I am late setting goals for!) but a new month as well.  How has the summer passed so quickly?  The past few days the evenings and mornings have been so cool.  It feels wonderful (I really don't enjoy hot weather) but is a vivid reminder that fall will be here before we know it.  My goals for the week:
*  Begin a new Back on Track challenge
*  Spend time in 2 Samuel Bible study
*  Get a good start on Sunday School lesson 7
 *  Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook
*  Memorize Psalm 145:1-5
*  Read 2 chapters in A Woman's Call to Prayer
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays, Christmas, and finishing UFOs
* Get a birthday package ready for Micah
*  Keep up a good water intake
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night
*  Post at least four times in my regular blog, and in my Christmas blog as time allows
*  Get a lot of basic homemaking tasks done in various zones of the house
*  Begin the large project of reorganizing the many piles, stacks, notebooks and containers full of recipes I've collected over time.
*  Weed the garden
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do

And here is how last week went:
*  Begin a new Back on Track challenge -- not done
*  Spend time in 2 Samuel Bible study -- DONE!
*  Get a good start on Sunday School lesson 7 -- DONE!
 *  Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook -- not done
*  Memorize Psalm 145:1-5 -- only managed to learn verse 1
*  Read 2 chapters in A Woman's Call to Prayer -- only read 1 chapter
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows -- did some walking a couple of days
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays, Christmas, and finishing UFOs -- -- DONE!
*  Keep up a good water intake -- DONE!
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night -- not done
*  Post every day (at least through Wednesday) in my Christmas blog and at least four times in my regular blog -- DONE! for the Christmas blog; think I managed only twice in this one
*  Get a lot of basic homemaking tasks done in various zones of the house -- accomplished a few of these.
*  Begin the large project of reorganizing the many piles, stacks, notebooks and containers full of recipes I've collected over time -- not done
 *  Weed the garden -- did a little bit
*  Make plans for a fall getaway with my hubby--- DONE!
* Catch up with my Nevada daughter via a phone chat -- DONE!
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do  -- DONE!

It's been a crazy week and I am really tempted to put the Back on Track challenge on hold until fall.  But, remembering the adage that if you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time, I am still hoping to try.

 As for the garden -- it's a very poor gardening year for us.  Too much rain.  Our tomatoes are nearly dead; our lettuce came up well but gets beaten down whenever it rains.  It is not making much headway at all.  Our squash plants (the ones that came up, that is, plus some that we planted as actual plants rather than seeds) look fairly good and even have some nice blossoms, but they are for the most part the sort of false blossom that does not turn into a squash.  Our marigolds are doing great!  As is some pink bee balm which I planted last year.  We are thinking next year we may plant only flowers!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:28 PM

    A busy week! I'm not familiar with pink bee balm. I'd lot to see a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look busy, Gina ... and I haven't even listed activities like grocery shopping, cleaning/cooking at my dad's, and a hair appointment. I know a good number of things on this list won't get done, and that's okay, but I want to keep them on my "radar screen" by listing them here.

    As you'll probably see, I did do a post with pictures of the pink bee balm. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.