Thursday, August 01, 2013

August Goals


from my collection of vintage magazine ads
Time to set some goals for a new month!  Here are my August goals:
* Continue reading through the book of Psalms, journaling as I go.
* Continue reading A Woman's Call to Prayer
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses.
* Continue study of 2 Samuel
* Exercise at least 15 times; walk as often as possible
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family.
* Post several times weekly in one or both of my blogs
* Finish some UFO craft projects
* Declutter several closets
* Work on crafts for gifts or sale
* Complete a back-on-track challenge

And here is how July went:
* Continue reading through the book of Psalms, journaling as I go -- DONE!
* Continue reading A Woman's Call to Prayer -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses -- DONE!
* Continue study of 2 Samuel -- DONE!
* Exercise at least 15 times; walk as often as possible -- not done, though I have managed to walk occasionally
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night -- not done
* Limit sugar -- not done
* Drink enough water each day -- did quite well with this
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done, but progress is being made
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- think I spent about an hour on this
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Post every day in my Christmas blog and several times weekly in my regular blog -- DONE!
* Finish some UFO craft projects -- DONE!  (I finished a large embroidered winter scene -- now Mr. T wants to make a special birch bark frame for it)
* Declutter several closets -- not done
* Work on crafts for gifts or sale -- -- DONE!
* Complete a back-on-track challenge -- not done

I did fail miserably in my back-on-track challenge, so am going to try again this month.  And as for sugar ... well, the month has been generally quite hot and sticky.  Not good for baking.  And I've never been able to make consistently good no-bake cookies.  Very often, they just wouldn't set up.  So, for years, I didn't even try.  Quite a few years ago I asked a friend, who had brought no-bakes to an activity at church, for her recipe.  She had never had a problem with it failing.  She gave me not one but two recipes (two different flavors), but even though this was at least 5 years ago or so, I didn't try either one.  This summer, it's been so hot, and my hubby "needed" cookies, so I got out the recipe and tried it.  And it didn't fail!  As a result, I've been making no-bakes a lot.  So much for limiting sugar...

1 comment:

  1. Teri,

    I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying the back postings!! There is a lot here, for sure, and I am so happy that someone is getting some enjoyment out of spending time here.

    You are very welcome! I will think of you sipping tea and sitting at my kitchen table in the afternoons.

    God bless,
    Mrs. T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.