Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Strawberry Time!



This past Saturday, Mr. T and I took an hour and a half and went strawberry picking at a U-pick farm in Vermont.  We didn't really have the time, but we were out of frozen strawberries from the previous time we'd gone in 2012.  Since we had to be in the area anyway (just across the river in NH) we decided to go on over and pick some berries.  What a lovely, tranquil spot.  We enjoyed the breezy sunshine and just the time to be together and accomplish something worthwhile. 
We got over 30 pounds of strawberries
These are the flats from 2012.  This year's were filled much fuller!
 and at this point they are all washed, hulled, individually quick frozen and stashed in the freezer.  We usually make strawberry sauce on Sundays when the granddaughters are with us, to go with our breakfast waffles.  Now we are all set with strawberries for many Sundays to come!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun project Mrs T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:52 PM

    They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting here at my kitchen table, Nikki and Arlene! Always nice to have company in my kitchen! Yes, it was a fun project, and the berries were delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.