Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Creamy Corn Salad


Photo from
SchoolPhotoProject.com
Corn salad recipes abound this time of year, and most of the ones I've tried are very, very delicious indeed.  This recipe I'm sharing today is no exception.  It's a little different, but no less tasty.  It's from an older magazine (Quick Cooking or Taste of Home, I forget which) but I recently tried it for the first time ... and prepared it again for a potluck a few days later!  Here's the link: Easy Corn Salad

This salad is truly easy, requiring only a few simple ingredients, including canned corn.  My supermarket carries a store brand of crisp & sweet whole kernel corn, which includes no sugar but is a special variety of corn.  It costs the same as regular whole kernel corn, but I find it much more flavorful.  I would add, too, that the dill weed in this recipe should not really be optional, but more of a must.  And you could double the quantity of dill weed if you liked. 

If you keep grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes in your fridge and cans of corn in your pantry, you will be all set to make an easy, colorful side salad at a moment's notice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.