|This gorgeous winter collage is the work of Abby at Little Birdie Blessings|
Here are this week's Hodgepodge questions from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond:
1. "The cure for anything is salt water-tears, sweat, or the sea." (Isak Dinesen) Would you agree? Of the three, which has 'cured' you most recently?
Hmmm .... I've never heard that before, and don't think that I agree. But it is a very interesting thought. I always find it healing to spend time by the sea. Watching the waves is such a powerful reminder to me that the great Creator is also holding all things together, including everything in my life.
"For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers; all things were created by Him, and for Him;
"And He is before all things; and by Him all things consist." (Colossians 1:16-17)
|Reid State Park, Georgetown, Maine|
|Mile Beach, Reid State Park, Georgetown, Maine|
I don't think I could eat an egg without salt. I often salt my food a little, but not without tasting it first. I only add salt if it seems to need it. We don't keep salt on the table.
|No salt needed for these!|
Sands of time, I would guess. I'm immersed in decluttering two houses and am finding so many vintage items that I have no idea what to do with. Kid gloves, anyone?
4. A favorite book, movie, or song with an island setting or theme?
The Anne of Green Gables series, both the books and the earlier movies from the 1990s.
5. Yesterday-did you run your day or did it run you? How so?
Understand, I'm writing this on Tuesday, so the yesterday I'm describing is Monday. It ran me. We had tentative plans for friends to join us for supper, but bad weather finally called a halt to that. I spent a lot of the day looking at weather.com to see what was happening. This has been one of those storms where no one really seemed to know how it would go. So between preparing a meal that would work for company, spiffing up the house just in case, and checking the weather, I didn't accomplish much else other than laundry.
6. You're on an island holiday. Will I most likely find you parked in a beach chair, shopping in town, on the back of a jet ski, or snorkeling off the back of a catamaran?
No contest at all. You will find me parked in a beach chair with either a counted cross stitch or embroidery project in hand. None of the other three choices would be anything I'd find relaxing.
7. What do you think we humans most take for granted?
The fact that we are breathing.
8. Insert your own random thought here.