Friday, October 13, 2017

Five things I love about fall


Inspired by this post: 5 More Things I Love about Fall at Creekside Cottage, I decided to answer her question here on my blog.

1. Gorgeous colors in fall foliage.  The photo at top was taken at my husband's job site (he works all over the state; never know where he'll be next!) last fall.  I also love looking at individual leaves; they vary so.

2. All things apple.  Cider, apples, apple crisp, apple pie, apple crisp pizza, pretty much anything apple.  Click "apples" in the sidebar label cloud for some good ideas.
3.  All things pumpkin.  Pumpkin desserts, pumpkin muffins, doughnuts, and coffeecakes, pumpkin spice coffee ... Again, click "pumpkin" in the label cloud to see some good recipes.

4.  Cooler temperatures.  I simply love the crisp, cool, brilliant sunny days of fall.  It's the nicest time of year here in New Hampshire.
5.  Fall retreats!  I've saved my favorite for last.  There is just nothing like a fall retreat.  I've been to 2 ladies' retreats this fall and am headed off to a couples' retreat soon.  The glorious scenery, the great fellowship and food, the encouragement from God's Word, the relaxed time to focus on God and on one another ... well, let's just say my hubby and I never want to miss a retreat.  We are so incredibly blessed to have The Wilds of New England here in our state!
And there you have my five favorite things about fall.  What would yours be?

10 comments:

  1. Nice list! I love the cool, crisp weather, beautiful sunrises (usually), bonfires, harvesting of soybeans and corn, walks in the woods, getting firewood ready for winter. AND, best of all, our family's Early Thanksgiving, which we usually celebrate on the same day as Canada's, but this year will be on November 4 due to schedule conflicts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice list you have there, too. We do the firewood thing too (we heat only with wood) and I think that may be one of my husband's favorite things about fall!

      Your family's Early Thanksgiving sounds like an absolutely wonderful tradition!

      Delete
  2. Oh Mrs T.!!!! You just don't know how much u LOVE your post today! All of them actually, but I seriously could have written this one myself! Problem is, I live in the Sunshine State, our tourist logo boasts, "The Worlds Most Beautiful Beaches.". I will take your neck of the woods any season of the year, ESPECIALLY Autumn, my favorite! I do enjoy the beauty of the beaches (off season) as this is where the Lord has me for now. But I sure wouldn't mind if He allowed me to live next door to Mrs T:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the post, Brenda! Autumn is my very favorite season. Summer is also beautiful up here, but it can get very humid.

      Delete
  3. Have a beautiful fall weekend at your favorite getaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Vee!! Hasn't this weekend been a corker, weatherwise?

      Delete
  4. First and foremost, relief from the hot of the last of summer. The cooler days make it so enjoyable to get and walk and work in the yard. Next, would be the colors. I love fall colors. Since, I don't see them in nature here, I have to add them to my house and drive a little further north to see them, but I love them. Third would be scarves. I love them and even though I can't wear them usually until almost winter, they are fun to look at. I love an outside fire to sit by. Last but not least is the cotton grown here in the south in the fall. There is nothing prettier than a cotton field. Great idea Mrs. T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great list, Sandy! Thanks for joining in on the fun -- and of course, a special thanks to Deanna at Creekside Cottage for asking the question about our five favorite fall things!

      Delete
  5. I popped over from Creekside Cottage just to see your top five. :) I've never heard of the Wilds of New England, it looks like a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is. A truly wonderful place. We are so blessed to have a place like this here in New England. Not sure just where in New England you are located, but The Wilds of NE is located in Deering Center, NH. At the retreat this weekend, there were couples from all of the New England states, plus PA, NJ, and other states!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.