1. Gorgeous colors in fall foliage. The photo at top was taken at my husband's job site (he works all over the state; never know where he'll be next!) last fall. I also love looking at individual leaves; they vary so.
2. All things apple. Cider, apples, apple crisp, apple pie, apple crisp pizza, pretty much anything apple. Click "apples" in the sidebar label cloud for some good ideas.
3. All things pumpkin. Pumpkin desserts, pumpkin muffins, doughnuts, and coffeecakes, pumpkin spice coffee ... Again, click "pumpkin" in the label cloud to see some good recipes.
4. Cooler temperatures. I simply love the crisp, cool, brilliant sunny days of fall. It's the nicest time of year here in New Hampshire.
5. Fall retreats! I've saved my favorite for last. There is just nothing like a fall retreat. I've been to 2 ladies' retreats this fall and am headed off to a couples' retreat soon. The glorious scenery, the great fellowship and food, the encouragement from God's Word, the relaxed time to focus on God and on one another ... well, let's just say my hubby and I never want to miss a retreat. We are so incredibly blessed to have The Wilds of New England here in our state!
And there you have my five favorite things about fall. What would yours be?
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.