Friday, August 04, 2017

From the August archives, Part 1


Going back and looking through the archives on either of my blogs is a lot of fun for me.  Here are some of the links I'm sharing for August:

My grandmother’s cool kitchen is a memory post -- one of the first posts I ever wrote,  about something I never wanted to forget.

Flour Sack Dish Towels is one of the most popular posts ever on this blog.  Guess a lot of people are interested in knowing how to make these.
 
Another very popular post has been Building a Prayer Journal -- a practical how-to on this important topic.


Another post on prayer from 2007 may encourage you in your own prayer life: Ongoing answers to ongoing prayers.

And lastly, these Bacon Cheeseburger Subs are completely amazing.  With our avoidance of red meat, we aren't likely to make this recipe again, but it is wonderful!

Later in the month I'll share a few more links from the archives.  Meanwhile, enjoy these!

4 comments:

  1. Never again? Good heavens and fresh tomatoes just around the corner, too. Perhaps you'll reconsider the Bacon Cheeseburger Subs. 🍅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Vee. One should never say never. Besides, I would think these would be good made with ground turkey or chicken. I may just give that a try!

      Delete
  2. Well, I got as far as your grandma's kitchen and had to stop and come back to comment. You know those aluminum tumblers that come in all colors? Well, I have a whole stack of them and the pitcher that matches! I grew up with these as well we came across this set years ago when we had our cabin in VA...we found the whole set almost brand new and the pitcher for $5 at a church yard sale! They are my go to container to drink from and just tonight, I drank ice tea out of one for supper :) Sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Debby,

      I envy you that aluminum set of pitcher and tumblers. What a bargain! I know they're still available at places like the Vermont Country Store ... for a price!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.