Thursday, March 01, 2018

March goals

 All of a sudden, it's March!  I don't mind that February is a short month, but I wasn't quite ready for it to be over.  The weather has been surprisingly beautiful this week: lots of sun and warm temps. Today is lovely too, but they say a nor'easter is headed in tomorrow.  Sounds like March 2 is coming in like a lion, with lots of wind and rain.  

Whatever the weather, it's time to set some goals for the month:
* Work on the Rachel Wojo study Everything Beautiful for my quiet time
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 to 8 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Walk and/or exercise each day.
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week.
* Do something creative each day
* Post in my Christmas blog at least once or twice weekly
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Send lengthy email to a friend
* Call faraway friends to chat
* Learn more about cultured foods and begin making more of them
* Declutter and reorganize my closet
* Declutter and revamp computer room
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house; work on estate
* Possibly plan a getaway with my hubby
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating

MARCH'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully
WORD FOR 2018: Settled

And here is how February went:
* Continue my informal study of Come Before Winter, by Charles Swindoll, for my quiet time --done!  (That is, the study is not done, but I worked at it every weekday.  I have about a month to go in it, I think, but this Rachel Wojo study for March is one I really feel drawn to, so...)
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones--done!
* Add 4 to 8 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook --done!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus --done!
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night -- not done every night, but we have managed it a half dozen times.
* Limit sugar and red meat -- did well with red meat (although we did each have a cheeseburger one time!) and better with sugar, but we still need to work on it.
* Drink enough water each day -- still working on that, but doing better.
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week -- not done consistently
* Do something creative each day --done!
* Post in my Christmas blog at least once or twice weekly -- not done; think I managed to post once.
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible -- only managed once or twice a week
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects --done!
* Plan for family birthday gifts and begin crafting any handmade ones --done!  but still have more planning to do
* Set up an Etsy shop and begin selling vintage items --done!
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family --done!
* Send lengthy emails to several friends -- one to go!
* Call faraway friends to chat -- not done
* Learn more about cultured foods and begin making more of them -- not done
* Declutter and reorganize my closet -- began the process; took a large bag of clothing to the thrift store
* Declutter and revamp computer room -- not done
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- had the kids over one time while she and her hubby had a date night.
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal --done!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house; work on estate -- still steadily working at this
* Possibly plan a getaway with my hubby -- not done
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating --done!

FEBRUARY'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully
WORD FOR 2018: Settled

2 comments:

  1. You had a busy February and have some pretty great goals for March! I need to drink more water. Haven't been getting what I really need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either, Terri! I work at it, but just don't get all the water I should.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.