Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Some goals for May


Yes, May starts tomorrow, and as usual I like to try and set goals for a new month.  Here are my goals for May:

* Do a May Scripture writing challenge
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers
* Continue to  help a recently widowed friend with the challenges of life in general
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  
* Limit sugar
* Drink enough water each day
 * Walk and/or exercise at least 3 times each week
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week (with some help from Clean Mama)
* Do something creative each day
* Post in this blog as often as possible
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Work on Etsy and trust bookkeeping as necessary
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time
* Plan some special family times as we have 3 birthdays this month
* Continue to sort out and declutter my dad's house, hopefully taking many loads to the dump and thrift store and consolidating the remaining items yet to dispose of;  work on estate
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
 
HEALTHY HABITS FOR MAY:  Drink more water/get more sleep

And here's how April went:

* Do an April Scripture writing challenge -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Read the March/April chapters in the Daily Walk Bible -- not done, so I'm going to wait until next year and start again.  I can't catch up now and don't want to rush just to say I've done this.
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers -- DONE!
* Help a recently widowed friend with the challenges of life in general -- DONE!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus -- DONE!
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night   -- not done consistently, but we have managed it a few times.
* Limit sugar -- could limit it still more...
* Drink enough water each day -- I know I haven't achieved this!
 * Walk and/or exercise each day -- managed at least half the time; it has rained a lot.
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week (with some help from Clean Mama)  -- not done consistently, but things are looking better!
* Do something creative each day -- DONE!
* Post in this blog as often as possible -- DONE!
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible -- didn't manage even once in April.  I have ideas for posts, but just haven't gotten there.
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones -- DONE!
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects -- DONE!
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items -- DONE!
* Keep up with Etsy and trust bookkeeping -- need to work on this
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- DONE!
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church -- DONE!
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time -- DONE!
* Cook and bake for Easter breakfast at church -- DONE!
* Plan some special family times as we have 3 birthdays this month -- DONE!
* Continue to sort out and declutter my dad's house, hopefully taking many loads to the dump and thrift store and consolidating the remaining items yet to dispose of;  work on estate -- DONE! (but there's still a long way to go)
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- DONE!
 
HEALTHY HABITS FOR APRIL:  Drink more water/get more sleep -- did better with this, but still need to work on it.

So there are my goals for May and a little review of April.  Even though spring is an ugly time in our part of New Hampshire, I'm glad it's here!

1 comment:

  1. I always grin reading that you would like to aim for a nine pm bedtime. Sometimes, I fall into bed at eight! I’ve been doing pretty well with that in April. For a pretty miserable month, you have done very well with exercise, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.