Tuesday, April 02, 2019

April goals


Time to set some goals for a new month!  (If I had posted them yesterday, everyone would have thought my list an April Fool's joke!)  Lovely graphic at top is by  Abby at Little Birdie Blessings.

So here are some goals for April:
* Do an April Scripture writing challenge
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones
* Read the March/April chapters in the Daily Walk Bible
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers
* Help a recently widowed friend with the challenges of life in general
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  
* Limit sugar
* Drink enough water each day
 * Walk and/or exercise each day
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week (with some help from Clean Mama)
* Do something creative each day
* Post in this blog as often as possible
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Keep up with Etsy and trust bookkeeping
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time
* Cook and bake for Easter breakfast at church
* Plan some special family times as we have 3 birthdays this month
* Continue to sort out and declutter my dad's house, hopefully taking many loads to the dump and thrift store and consolidating the remaining items yet to dispose of;  work on estate
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
 
HEALTHY HABITS FOR APRIL:  Drink more water/get more sleep
WORD FOR 2019: Courage
 
Lovely printable with my word of the year, framed by my daughter for my birthday
 And here is how March went:
 
* Do a March Scripture writing challenge -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Read the March chapters in the Daily Walk Bible  -- not done.  Our friend went to the hospital on March 5 and ended up going Home to heaven on March 8.  I think it no coincidence that I stopped reading on March 4.  Something had to give, and it was the yearly read through the Bible.
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers -- DONE!
* Help a recently widowed friend with her husband's memorial service and life in general -- DONE!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus -- DONE!
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night   -- not done consistently,  but quite often
* Limit sugar -- not done consistently
* Drink enough water each day -- not done
 * Walk and/or exercise each day -- managed 3 or 4 times weekly so I'll call this -- DONE!
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week (with some help from Clean Mama) -- not done
* Do something creative each day -- DONE!
* Post in this blog as often as possible -- DONE!
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible -- DONE!
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones -- DONE!
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects -- DONE! (and I wish the projects were!)
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items -- DONE!
* Keep up with Etsy and trust bookkeeping -- DONE!
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- DONE! (though I never feel it's enough)
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church -- DONE! (and I wish the search was!)
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time -- DONE!
* Help set up for and serve at our friend's memorial service -- DONE!
* Continue to sort out and declutter my dad's house, hopefully taking many loads to the dump and thrift store and consolidating the remaining items yet to dispose of;  work on estate -- DONE!
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- DONE!
* Possibly plan a spring getaway -- not done
  
HEALTHY HABITS FOR MARCH:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully/get enough sleep
WORD FOR 2019: Courage
 
Hoping for a productive April!


3 comments:

  1. What a great list - about half of those are on my list also! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lists are amazing. You certainly are organized. It is good to know that, when the unexpected happens, you give yourself grace. I think you get an awfully lot accomplished...far more than I! I am sure that your friend is so appreciative of your help and prayers and comfort at this time.

    I must have had the UFO projects on my mind from your lists. I would go into my sewing room and see that just sitting there and know that my mother meant to make a pillow. I didn’t need a pillow so it took me eight years to figure out what other thing I could do. I am slow like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.