Saturday, June 06, 2020

A few blessings from the week


Photo by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
So I ran out of time for a Friday five, and I don't want to necessarily come up with six things for Saturday; hence the thought of a few blessings from the week.

1.  Some productive cleaning and rehabbing time at the cottage we're working on.  Below is an older photo, taken in the mid-1990s; a metal roof was added in the 2000s.  This is taken from the back of the cottage.  The large room at the end is living/sleeping space; in the middle is a bedroom and a small bit more living space; and the little area at the far end is the kitchen.  You can't see it, but a small screened porch is off the kitchen.

This newer photo (from 2018, I think) is taken from the kitchen end, so you can see the porch. 

2.  Another blessing is our work crew who helps out frequently, since they live next door: 
 The boys show up pretty much every time we are over there!  Always good spending time with these grandkids.

3. Time with our friend Terry on Tuesday.  To see our friend cooking and serving a meal, when last year at this time she was clinging to life, is a huge blessing.  After lunch we went over to the New Hampshire Veterans Cemetery where her husband is buried.  A lovely, tranquil place.
Photo from NH Veterans Cemetery photo gallery
4.  Lovely phone chats with my faraway daughter Joanna and my "daughter of the heart" Jennifer. 

5.  In-person chats with my local daughter Carrie as we work together at the cottage or in our comings and goings there.  (We are getting necessary hot water from her house!)  Another huge blessing for me this week is to see Carrie finding time to post in her blog, Life on a Back Road.  She is the one who got me started with blogging, so I'm happy she's back to posting herself.

There you have a few blessings from my week!

5 comments:

  1. Those sweet grands will look back fondly at the times they spent helping you all at the little house. So glad your friend is well. And talks with adult children are always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Sweet grands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sweet cottage. I am sure that many happy times have been spent there. How cool that your daughter lives right next door. That makes things a bit easier I'm sure. Is this where your daughter Joanna and family stay when they're in state?

    Glad that your daughter is blogging again. We need good bloggers' voices in times like these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful family project. Great memories are made when working together. Sounds like you've been keeping pretty busy and doing some happy things too. Phone calls with loved ones are special. I've been trying to do more phone calling and less facebooking. We need more human contact these days, one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so enjoyed reading your lovely post, Mrs T! I love to stop and count my blessings..the Lord is so good to us and gives us many wonderful things! Today I am again aware of how rich my life is and how dearly I love my family and the life we share.
    I just love the little cottage you're working on...it is charming! How wonderful that your grandchildren enjoy lending a hand!
    May the week ahead be a lovely one...so good to stop in for a visit this bright Sunday afternoon.
    Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.