Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Some goals for May (and how April went)

 


Wow, a new month already!  April seemed to fly by and was a very busy month.  So here are some goals for May:

  * Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week
* Continue working through the "Make Room Challenge" from Make Room for What You Love
* Post in this blog as often as possible -- hopefully several times per week
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Plan for and celebrate Mother's Day
* Get together with friends for a meal out
* Have friends over for lunch after church
* Craft some homemade Christmas gifts and decorations (yes, even now!)
* Do some sewing projects ( a few more sachets to stave off musty odors, plus maybe curtains) for the cottage
* Finish 2 pillow quilts for youngest granddaughters
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects
* Continue decluttering the entire house, zone by zone
* With my hubby, set some goals for the second half of 2023
* Plan a spring getaway with my hubby
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Finish up my trust responsibilities
* Spend some time volunteering at The Wilds of New England
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
* Memorize ten Bible verses and review ten older ones
* Fine-tune devotional to share at a ladies' brunch mid-month
* Get together with friends at our camp on Memorial Day
* Prepare and teach a ladies' Sunday School class each week
* Get back into our study of the book of Daniel with younger believers
* Continue to help a widowed friend with the challenges of life in general
* Drink enough water each day
* Walk and/or exercise at least 4 times each week

HEALTHY HABITS FOR MAY:  Drink more water/get more sleep/get more exercise/intermittent fasting/limit carbs 

And those were my simple goals for this month.  How about you?  Any goals to share?

  I think that I'll note down how my goals went again this month:

* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week -- an ongoing goal that I never fully accomplish, but I can say that I did do some decluttering in each zone.
* Change my decor to spring -- not feeling too motivated now that we have more snow --- done!
* Continue working through the "Make Room Challenge" from Make Room for What You Love -- not done
* Post in this blog as often as possible -- hopefully several times per week -- done!  But this is also an ongoing goal.
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible -- done!  I posted once, but that's something!
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones -- done!  This one is also an ongoing goal.
* Celebrate several family birthdays -- done!
* Prepare for and celebrate Easter, both at church and with family -- done!
* Get together with friends for a meal out -- done!
* Have friends over for lunch after church -- done!
* Have one dental crown set and get the preparation started for a second one -- done!
* Attend our first ladies Bible study of 2023 -- done!
* Craft some homemade Christmas gifts and decorations (yes, even now!) -- not done
* Do some sewing projects ( a few more sachets to stave off musty odors, plus maybe curtains) for the cottage -- not done, but it's also an ongoing goal.  I'll feel more motivated as we get closer to cottage season.
* Finish 2 pillow quilts for youngest granddaughters -- not done
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects -- done, although this is also an ongoing goal, and the projects themselves are not yet finished
* Continue decluttering the entire house, zone by zone -- done, that is, I am continuing on it, but this again will be an ongoing process
* With my hubby, set some goals for 2023 -- not officially done, though we have talked about it some
* Plan a winter getaway with my hubby -- not done
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items -- done; that is, I am continuing to stock and sell.  But it's another  ongoing process.
* Spend some time on my trust responsibilities -- done!  And almost completed!
* Spend some time volunteering at The Wilds of New England -- done, but it's another of those ongoing things.
 (The daffodils below are a beautiful sight we've been seeing in April as we travel to our volunteer jobs.)

* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- done!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- not done as much as I'd like
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- done!  But again, this is ongoing.
* Memorize ten Bible verses and review ten older ones -- not done.  I only reviewed the older ones.
* Continue my study for a devotional to share at a ladies' brunch in May -- done!  I've finished the writing process, but of course am reviewing it and continuing to prepare and pray
* Prepare to start teaching a ladies' Sunday School class mid-month -- done!
* Get back into our study of the book of Daniel with younger believers -- not done, although we have talked about how we might make it work
* Continue to help a widowed friend with the challenges of life in general -- done, but that's another ongoing goal
* Drink enough water each day -- not done
* Walk and/or exercise at least 4 times each week -- not done, although we did walk some.  The weather hasn't been the most conducive.

HEALTHY HABITS FOR APRIL:   Drink more water/get more sleep/get more exercise/intermittent fasting/limit carbs -- doing well with everything except for drinking more water.

So that's how April went!  As you can see, I put the "not dones" in italics in dark red again this month.  Just for the inquiring minds that might care to know.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for catching that, Vee! Something I neglected to remove from my list when I copied and pasted!

    No snow, thankfully, but I must say it feels cold and windy enough to snow. We're getting more rain. You?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that was one of my favorite books from The Inspired Room lady. It is really true about just making room for the things that you love. I have been on that mission as well. I am getting closer. Honestly, when I look back to say 9 years ago I can really say I have come so far in eliminating a lot of stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.