Wednesday, May 31, 2023

End of the month Hodgepodge

 


 It's Wednesday, so it's time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.  This week's Hodgepodge questions are all over the place.   Here goes:

1. Do you know much about (or understand) Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Does it worry or excite you? 

I know very little about it and understand even less.  I try not to worry -- preferring to pray instead -- but from all that I've heard, the possibilities with AI are both concerning and troubling.  

2. What was the last song you listened to? Your favorite movie soundtrack? What song always puts you in a good mood?  

Last song I listened to would have been a video of our granddaughter's orchestra concert.   (We heard it in person Thursday evening, but my daughter played the video for a friend yesterday.)  Favorite movie soundtrack is Anne of Green Gables.  I'm not sure if there is a song that reliably puts me in a good mood.  Maybe something from a musical -- Oh, What a Beautiful Morning or something similar would do that.

Julia is at right.

Orch 3 in the photo above (there are several musicians not visible) is playing the Gigue from Sonata II in D-Major by Telemann

3. What were you doing ten years ago? 

I had to look this one up!  Apparently in May 2013 I was doing a lot of crafting of small items for gifts.  You can read about some of that here: recent simple crafting.  

Fabric trimmed dishtowels with a Coke® theme
Felt pancakes
Another fabric trimmed towel
Crocheted dishcloths

4. Your favorite no-bake summer dessert?

The easiest is this: Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert.   I've shared this for the Hodgepodge before, but for those who missed it:

HEAVENLY ICE CREAM SANDWICH DESSERT

12 ice cream sandwiches
12 ounces of frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 pkg. toffee bits (made by Hershey’s, found near the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)
Chocolate ice cream topping to drizzle on when serving

Line a 13x9-inch pan with ice cream sandwiches, cutting to fit if necessary. Spread the whipped topping over the ice cream sandwiches, then sprinkle the toffee bits over the topping. Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight (or longer).
When ready to serve, cut the dessert in squares. Drizzle chocolate topping on decoratively when serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.

Yes, this dessert starts with a simple box of ice cream sandwiches.  Spread, sprinkle and drizzle a few simple ingredients, then stash in the freezer, and you have a scrumptious summer dessert.
 

5. Something you're looking forward to in June? 

Meeting up with friends in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. 

We will be staying at this bed&breakfast where we've stayed a couple times in the past -- delightful!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

The summer season has begun!  We enjoyed a delightful Memorial Day yesterday, going out for breakfast with friends, then spending the rest of the day at our little camp in the woods.  We had a fun Memorial Day lunch together with our friends, along with our daughter and her hubby and family who live next door to our cottage.  Everyone shared in providing the food: hot dogs, burger bowls, pasta salad, baked beans, chips, deviled eggs -- and later fruit salad, blueberry cheesecake, and rhubarb shortbread bars.   All yummy and with absolutely no calories, of course.  From now through fall, we'll be hosting friends and family often at our rustic little place.

And that's the Hodgepodge for this week!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. We had a lot of rain here, but squeezed some fun in between the downpours. Enjoy your trip to Maine! I love the quaint towns and beautiful seaside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying is what we are supposed to do, rather than worry. That ice cream sandwich dessert looks good. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little camp in the woods sounds like a wonderful and relaxing place. I’ve made that ice cream sandwich dessert and it is good! Thank you for reminding me. Your sewing and crocheted projects are so pretty. Enjoy your trip to the B&B. I’d love to visit Maine one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a country girl at heart living in the city. I feel so at peace when I am in nature. You cottage sounds so nice. So does the bed and breakfast. Your dessert sounds really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love plain ordinary ice cream sandwiches, so that dessert sounds delicious! The B&B is beautiful - hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vickie10:31 AM

    The rhubarb shortbread bars sound sooo good. Could you please either post a recipe or tell me where to find one? We have a rhubarb plant given to us by a neighbor, and my husband loves a rhubarb custard pie I make. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie, here is a link: https://chocolatewithgrace.com/rhubarb-bars/ Enjoy!

      Delete
    2. Vickie5:16 PM

      Thanks for the recipe! Will be trying it this weekend or early next week . . .

      Delete
  7. Memorial Day at the camp with your friends sounds so lovely. That would be my choice. The B&B in Maine sounds wonderful too. I think I am ready for a vacation. Now to convince someone else that he needs one too. I love ice cream sandwiches. That recipe sounds deliciously over the top!! I may have to try it sometime. Thank you for all your wonderful ideas and thoughts. Happy Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol..just getting around to commenting on last weeks posts..yikes...I had to look up what I was doing too...I mean I can barely remember what I did at the beginning of this year. Oh...yum. I love ice cream sandwiches. Though I don't like toffee bits (well, my teeth don't). So glad you had a great memorial day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.