Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Fishing for answers in the Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

 So it's Wednesday again, and that means it's time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs. I'm not at all sure how this happened, but I haven't done a Hodgepodge post since sometime in July.  Even though I really don't have time to write one today, I could quickly think of answers to these questions, so here goes:

1. What's your earliest memory?

Sitting in my Grandpa's lap eating one of the Canada mints he always kept in his chore coat pocket.   He died when I was four, so I never really knew him.

The above photo is Grandpa with one of my cousins around 1954.  This looks like spring, and he died that fall.

2. What's something about you today that the old you would find surprising? 

I can speak in front of a group without being immobilized by fear and self-consciousness.

3. Do you like to fish? Are you a fish eater? Favorite fish (to eat)? Favorite way to prepare fish? 

I don't enjoy fishing, but I am a fish eater.  My favorite fish to eat would be haddock and I like it fried.  My favorite way to prepare fish at home would probably be my mother's fish chowder.


4. What's your biggest first world problem? 

Most days, just trying to reheat coffee without a microwave. 

5. What one word would you use to describe your year thus far? 

Challenging.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

What a blessing it was to be able to travel to Maine for a celebration of life for our blog friend Vee this past weekend!   My hubby and I were able to meet Deanna from Creekside Cottage, and Abby from Little Birdie Blessings, along with their husbands, and what a wonderful meeting that was!  Vee's family welcomed us warmly.  My hubby and I had previously met Vee's sister Kim, an incredibly kind and gracious lady.  Now we got to meet Vee's daughter Laurel and her son Adam and his wife Michelle, as well as other family members.  We were so thankful we could attend.  The gathering was so enjoyable and a true celebration of our dear friend.  Delicious food, beautiful flowers, wonderful memories, and many touches of yellow, her favorite color.  I believe that only eternity will show how many lives Vee impacted for the Lord in a variety of ways.

Deanna and her husband Tim are so thoughtful!  They brought bouquets of flowers, not only for Vee's sister, daughter, and daughter-in-law, but for Abby and myself also.  Here is mine after it arrived safely home with us on Saturday evening.

And that's the Hodgepodge for this week!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you and the other bloggers could represent Bloggy world and how much we loved Vee. She was such an insightful blogger and commenter. She is greatly missed. Our VBS was all about being strong in the Lord and putting on the Armor of God. So good and so timely in our world today. Hope you have a good rest of the week with some hot coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, yes, I could have listed "I can never finish a cup of coffee before it gets cold" as a first world problem too. How lovely that you got to celebrate and remember a blogging friend - she sounds like a wonderful person. Amazing the bonds that are built through blogs and internet connections, isn't it? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was delighted to be there at Vee's Celebration of Life as well, and get to meet your husband as well as Deanna and her husband. What a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your questions and answers (and photos). Thank you. 😊📷🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read Vee's blog from time to time. She did the Hodgepodge some in the early days. I'm so sorry to hear of her passing and am glad you were able to connect with her family and celebrate her life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers and what a special thing to be able to honor your blogging frined.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.