Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Praising God


I have just finished the wonderful study A Place of Quiet Rest (subtitled Finding Intimacy With God Through a Daily Devotional Life), by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. One of the chapters gives many of the reasons why we should incorporate a time of praise to God in our daily quiet time. Even though I was already doing this on a regular basis, I was challenged to spend even more time praising God each morning. Many of the reasons for praising God were ones I was familiar with. But the quote that follows was such an encouragement to me! Here it is:

"We should praise God because praise defeats Satan. Satan hates praise, because Satan hates God and anything that exalts or pleases God.

"One of Satan's strategies is to get us to focus on ourselves -- our needs, our problems, our circumstances, our feelings. When we lift our eyes up, though they may be filled with tears, and choose to praise the Lord, Satan's plan is defeated and God is victorious in our lives."

Isn't that wonderful? Many times of late I have found myself praising God even though my eyes are filled with tears. He is so good -- all the time!

2 comments:

  1. How true!! God is worthy of our praise no matter what our situation is and it DOES matter to him! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Sandy, and thanks for stopping by to visit and taking the time to leave a comment. Please stop by anytime!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.