Monday, February 08, 2010

Starting anew...


I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been somewhat off track ever since Christmas. Throughout December I raced to finish up projects I was making for Christmas gifts. On New Year's night, we had our final gift exchange. I paused to make a list of New Year goals, but there was no time to begin implementing them. We received exciting news that our faraway daughter, husband and three little ones would come to visit in mid-January. Immediately I plunged into the enjoyable task of planning for their visit. Before we knew it, they were here! Four days after their arrival, my mother passed away. It was not completely unexpected, but we honestly had not thought it would be so soon. The rest of January was filled with fun family times along with more sobering moments as I tried to help my dad begin adjusting to life without my mother, along with plenty of required paperwork. Until today there hasn't been much time to draw a breath, never mind think about my goals. I am going to start today on another back-on-track challenge. Here are the areas I'll be working on:

* health and energy -- specifically eating right, exercising, drinking enough water, and getting enough sleep

* spiritual life -- especially Scripture memory and meditating on Scripture

* homemaking -- getting back into my FlyLady routines with an eye to decluttering the entire house in 2010; spending less money

* ministry -- taking time to connect with people on a regular basis; using my God-given talents and gifts for His glory

* creativity -- trying to do something creative, no matter how small, every day

Perhaps some of you have been feeling the same way. It's not too late to get back on track, so feel free to join me in this challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Mrs. Tea~ I am right there with you. I have been so not only sidetracked but completely derailed!! I want to get back on track but it is going so slowly. I am so sorry to hear of your Mother's passing, my prayers are with you and your family. Good luck on the areas you are going to work on. I have done NO crafting for so long and I miss it so much.
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joann,

    Thanks so much for stopping by. I so appreciate your kind words of sympathy... and especially your prayers. Hope you will join in on this challenge with me!

    God bless,
    Mrs.Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of the death of your mother...I know you faithfully cared for her and your dad and it must be a hard adjustment for you. How provident that you had your sweet daughter home at that time. Praying for you and your family Mrs T.

    I am with you...it is hard to get back into a routine after Christmas. I have quite a long to do list and I need to get started on it.

    Keep warm up there....we are very cold down here as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed provident that my daughter was home at that time. Such a blessing! A good distraction for my dad, too.

      Can't believe I never replied to this comment, but that was a busy time for sure!

      Delete
  4. Well, I'd join in, but not sure if I wouldn't be a discouragement more than encouragement at this point. I have stuff happening right now that it's hard just to keep my head above water. What I am able to do, I do, the rest is in God's hand and I will certainly not lament about it. He is able, RIGHT? So I'll cheer you on, OK?
    Gave the books to Joanna last night.

    God Bless Ya!
    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, He is indeed able! Nothing is impossible with God.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.