Monday, March 22, 2010
Back-on-track challenge update
Here's another weekly update as to how things are going with my back-on-track challenge. Again, here are the areas I'm trying to get back on track with:
* health and energy -- specifically eating right, exercising, drinking enough water, and getting enough sleep
This week I didn't do so well with walking -- 3 days out of 7 -- or with my exercise routine -- 2 days out of 5. I did pretty well with eating healthy through the week, but not so well on Sunday. I got plenty of sleep. I did drink much more water (and iced green tea) this week, as the weather has been very warm.
* spiritual life -- especially Scripture memory and meditating on Scripture
Although I had a regular time of Bible reading and prayer each day, I didn't do any memory work.
* homemaking -- getting back into my FlyLady routines with an eye to decluttering the entire house in 2010; spending less money
Again this week I felt as if I maintained the house pretty well, in spite of tons of sand and gravel getting tracked in each day. It was a busy week with a lot of time spent out of the house, so I didn't get much extra housework or decluttering done. Bought some tomato plants, seed starter and pots to start some tomato plants.
* ministry -- taking time to connect with people on a regular basis; using my God-given talents and gifts for His glory
I wrote some long overdue notes to friends again this week. Also spent lots of time on my Sunday School lesson. Spent some time on the kids' summer devotional book. Need to get much more done on that this week.
* creativity -- trying to do something creative, no matter how small, every day
Posted on my blog a bit. I also did some work on embroidery and crocheting projects and finished sewing 2 kids' chef hats and 1 apron. Started work on a crocheted potholder and an embroidered dishtowel for a gift. Lots of birthdays in our family around this time of year, so I'm busily preparing for those gift-giving occasions.
So that's how this week has gone for the back-on-track challenge! The week wasn't as on-track as I had hoped, but today starts a new week and I'm optimistic about staying on track.