Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Monday, March 15, 2010
Back-on-track challenge update
Here's another weekly update as to how things are going with my back-on-track challenge. Again, here are the areas I'm trying to get back on track with:
* health and energy -- specifically eating right, exercising, drinking enough water, and getting enough sleep
This week I did great with walking -- 5 days out of 7 -- and also with my exercise routine; 5 days out of 5. I did pretty well with eating healthy through the week, but not not the weekend as I was doing too much baking. I got plenty of sleep. I did drink much more water (and green tea) this week, but need to keep working on that. It's getting easier as the weather gets warmer.
* spiritual life -- especially Scripture memory and meditating on Scripture
Although I had a regular time of Bible reading and prayer each day, I didn't do any memory work.
* homemaking -- getting back into my FlyLady routines with an eye to decluttering the entire house in 2010; spending less money
Again this week I felt as if I maintained the house pretty well,in spite of tons of sand and gravel getting tracked in each day. I did do some decluttering -- threw away some old things and put a couple of items in my bag to take to the thrift store. Decluttered a kitchen cabinet and threw out quite a few old mixes, legumes, etc.
* ministry -- taking time to connect with people on a regular basis; using my God-given talents and gifts for His glory
I wrote some long overdue notes to friends again this week. Also spent lots of time on my Sunday School lessons for this week and next. Spent some time on the kids' summer devotional book.
* creativity -- trying to do something creative, no matter how small, every day
Posted on my blog a bit. I also did some work on embroidery and crocheting projects and worked on a sewing project. Finished up a gigantic UFO scrap afghan and another UFO, a crocheted scrubbing cloth.
So that's how this week has gone for the back-on-track challenge! All in all, it felt like a relatively on-track week, but as always, there's plenty of room for improvement.
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.