Friday, September 24, 2010

Zucchini Garden Chowder


I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still trying to use up all of our zucchini. We didn't have a huge harvest, but we have plenty. I'm going to shred some of it up and freeze it for baking later. And, I plan to make some little loaves of zucchini bread for Christmas gifts.

A few weeks ago, I tried this recipe for zucchini chowder. We really, really liked it, so much so that I made it again yesterday and shared some of it with my dad. I usually make supper for him on Thursday nights, and he often will say, "Supper was good." This time, however, he said, "That soup was delicious!" I had simply called it "a creamy vegetable soup" when I dropped it off -- maybe the name made a difference, I don't know. But I have to agree ... it is delicious.

Here's the link to the recipe:
Zucchini Garden Chowder

The only thing I changed was to use less butter -- a couple of tablespoons less -- and less cheese -- probably 3/4 cup less. Oh, and I used canned (drained) whole kernel corn rather than frozen. I have also made this using cooked corn kernels cut from the cob. I think one could use any number of different vegetables in this and it would still be good. Definitely a "keeper" recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.