Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tasty Pork Ribs: a fabulous crockpot recipe

(Photo by Taste Of Home)

This past Sunday, Mr. T and I tried a new recipe for ribs made in the crockpot. We nearly always take something in the crockpot for our potluck lunch at church. Usually, when I make crockpot ribs, I simply put the southern style ribs in the crockpot, sprinkle with smoky mesquite or Montreal steak seasoning, cover the pot and cook the ribs on low for 6-7 hours. Then I drain off the liquid which has accumulated and pour barbecue sauce over the ribs and cook for another 30-60 minutes. This works well and is so easy and delicious.

But I had spotted this recipe for Tasty Pork Ribs in an older Taste of Home magazine, and it looked easy too. Mr. T volunteered to put it together. We used the southern style ribs which our supermarket most often has on sale. Because we had a lot of ribs and only a 5-qt. crockpot, we cut each rib into 3 or 4 pieces, thinking that would make them easier to eat at a potluck as well.

Before serving the ribs, I did notice that a lot of liquid had accumulated, so I poured off the majority of it. The sauce stayed on the ribs and looked appetizing. We got rave reviews from everyone who tasted these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.