Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Strawberry Spinach Salad

(Photo by Taste of Home)
I tried a new salad recipe on Sunday for our potluck lunch at church.  I found this in a Country Woman magazine, but the recipe is also here:  Strawberry Spinach Salad.

The only thing I changed was to tweak the dressing a little to use more vinegar and less sugar and oil.  I used 1/3 cup vinegar, only 1/4 cup sugar and oil and added a few tablespoons of water to make up for the missing oil.  It was just fine.  I routinely change dressing recipes in this way to make them lower in fat (and in sugar too when that is called for.

We liked this salad a lot, and it went over very well at the potluck.  Only a couple of fragments of spinach leaves were left in the bowl!   Maybe your family and friends would like to try this, too.  It's a great salad for strawberry season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.