Thursday, June 07, 2012

Fudgy Three-Chip Brownies

Vintage cookbooklet from my collection
 I'm still baking!  Today I made another pan of the Blond Brownies I shared yesterday, plus a batch of Chocolate Malted Cookies and a batch of Snickerdoodles.  And then I made these easy brownies, which start with a mix.  I clipped this recipe out of an old magazine many years ago.

FUDGY THREE-CHIP BROWNIES

1 egg, beaten
1 package (13 x 9-inch pan size) brownie mix
1/2 cup coffee or water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk chocolate morsels
3/4 cup vanilla or peanut butter morsels
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels

        Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using a wooden
spoon to stir until just combined.  Spread mixture in a greased 13 x 9 x
2-inch baking pan.  Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.  Cool completely before cutting into bars.      

 Yield:  2 dozen brownies

         I have made these quick and easy brownies for many years, varying the amounts and types of chips used.  These have been a big hit with my family and friends, as well as my husband's co-workers.  Maybe your family would like to try them too!

4 comments:

  1. YUM!! Sounds delicious :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Gail!

    Nice to see you here at my kitchen table again. Think I have finally completed all of the baking I hoped to for these graduation parties. Hope your family enjoys these brownies if you try them.

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. These brownies sound great. :) I might try them replacing the peanut butter chips with butterscotch ones. :) You sure have been busy in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki, they are good! I have replaced the peanut butter chips with butterscotch ones before and it works fine. I think you can use chips in any combinations you like. Hope your family enjoys these if you try them. I will say that they are very moist, so use a very sharp thin knife when you cut them, and you will probably need a small spatula to remove them from the pan in neat squares. Otherwise they do tend to break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.