Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A summery salad from Faithfulness Farm!

Photo from Faithfulness Farm
 I just had to share the link to this wonderful salad from Gail at Faithfulness Farm!  It's a wonderful main dish salad with greens, pecans, cubed chicken, blue cheese, and the delicious surprise of strawberries!  Here's the link: Summery Layered Chicken Salad.

One thing I love about Gail's recipes (and you will love this, too) is that she offers a simple link to the printable version.  I then save this as a pdf and it's ready to print when I want to use it.

I made just a couple of changes in the recipe.  She uses Splenda® in the dressing (to keep the carbs low), but I prefer sugar so I used that.   I also switched things around a bit in the dressing, as I usually do; I used 1/4 cup vinegar (and I used cider vinegar because that's what I had); only 3 Tblsp. olive oil, and 1 Tblsp. water to make up for the missing oil.  The other thing I did differently was to toast the pecans.  I did this in the microwave to make it quick, easy, and not heat up the kitchen.



I made this salad for a Father's Day get-together where it went over very well!  If it's as hot where you are as it is here in northern New England, a main-dish salad  may be just the ticket for your supper tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.