Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Keep on praying for America --- and look up!

Now that Election Day is behind us, and the results are so clear, we must be sure to keep praying for our country and for the leaders who have been chosen.  God's Word commands us to pray "for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."  (1Timothy 2:2). 

This morning in my own quiet time I was reminded that it is God Himself who is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  He is "the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God", deserving of honor and glory forever.  (1 Timothy 1:17).

In the book of Daniel we read King Nebuchadnezzar's words: 

"I lifted up mine eyes unto heaven ... and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honored Him that liveth forever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom is from generation to generation.
"And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and He doeth according to His will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay His hand, or say unto Him, What doest Thou?"

We must never forget that God is in control of all things and is working all things after the counsel of His own will.  Sometimes we may fear that things are out of God's control, but -- depend upon it -- they never have been, and they never will be.

So let's keep praying for our country .. looking unto Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.