Saturday, February 01, 2014

February Goals


Photo from Baptist Bible Hour
A new month!  January went by so quickly, even though it is 31 long days of cold, snow and ice.  I certainly didn't accomplish all that I hoped to in January, but now I have a fresh start with this new month.  Here are my
FEBRUARY GOALS
* Read through the February  portion of the One-Year Devotional Bible.
*  Read 4 chapters in The Power of a Godly Grandparent
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue with "Intentionally Focused" Bible study
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays
* Exercise at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Plan an overnight getaway with my husband
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible
* Check out airline tickets for trip to NV
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week (just a place to start!)
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Do research for setting up an Etsy shop (I've already joined Etsy)
* Make at least a dozen items for sale at craft fairs.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family.
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Finish some UFO Christmas gift craft projects
* Decorate for Valentine's Day
* Make gift tags from last year's Christmas cards.
* Start several handcrafted birthday gifts for March and April birthdays.

FEBRUARY'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Exercise

WORD FOR 2014: BALANCE


And here is how January went:
* Read through the January portion of the One-Year Devotional Bible -- DONE!
*  Read 4 chapters in The Power of a Godly Grandparent -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Begin "Intentionally Focused" Bible study -- DONE!
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays -- DONE!
* Exercise at least 20 times -- I only managed 10 times.  But that was a HUGE improvement over what I had been doing.
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night -- not done; I did try, but life was very busy this month
* Limit sugar -- DONE! I managed to eat sugar pretty much only on Sundays
* Drink enough water each day -- not done
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done, although I did make a good try at it and accomplished quite a bit
* Plan an overnight getaway with my husband -- not done yet
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible -- DONE!  Although I would like to do more...
* Check out airline tickets for trip to NV in spring -- not done; hopefully this weekend
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week (just a place to start!) -- not done
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done, but I did add several items to my "Journey of Faith" shop
* Do research for setting up an Etsy shop (I've already joined Etsy) -- not done
* Make at least a dozen items for sale at craft fairs -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
* Finish some UFO Christmas gift craft projects -- not done, though I'm working on them
* Design and make some winter banners -- not done, and now it's time for Valentine's
* Make gift tags from last year's Christmas cards -- not done
* Start several handcrafted birthday gifts for March and April birthdays -- not done

JANUARY'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Get to bed earlier -- didn't do so well with this, but I'll work on it again later in the year.


Needless to say, although February is a short month, I'm hoping it'll be a more productive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.