Sunday, June 22, 2014

December sampler progress


Some years ago my friend Ruth and I took a fun trip to alleviate cabin fever one wintry Saturday.  We visited a lovely needlework shop, ABC Stitch Therapy , which was then located in New Hampshire.  (Now, alas, they have moved their shop to Texas.  However, one can easily shop their huge inventory online.)

While there at the shop, I spotted a beautiful December sampler on one of the display walls.  I had to have that chart!  It was so pretty.  Last winter, I finally started it and have been picking away at it here and there.  It's far from finished -- many other projects, as well as responsibilities, take up my time -- but I thought I would post the progress.  I may post my progress each month -- and one of these days, maybe even by December, it will be finished!

8 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I think it would be fun to see your progress each month, even if you're just continuing to work on it a bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Laura! I think I *will* post my progress each month; it will encourage me to keep plugging away at the sampler and to see the progress month by month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I haven't visited in a while. Your sampler is looking really cute. I can't wait to see it when it's done.
    See ya tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mrs. Doug! Given how little time I actually take to work on it (really, only when riding in the car [not driving!] and when I'm out and about, it is coming along well. I do keep it by my chair and will pick it up if a phone conversation gets lengthy.

    Hope your day has gone well! Oh! When Heather gets settled, do you think she could use some silverware?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cross stitch is my first craft love, and this one is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it. And don't tell anyone, but I have a x-stitch UFO that is about 20 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Susan! I'm glad you enjoyed this peek at the sampler in progress. Your x-stitch UFO -- is that the eagle, or did you finally finish that one? I have a x-stitch UFO -- "Snow Angels" -- that has been in progress for 6 or 7 years. It's on 18 count Aida so it is quite a challenge for my aging eyes -- must be done in just the right light. After I finish this sampler, I'll try and spend more time on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy cross stitching. And your sampler is great. I understand about things getting in the way. We will look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Beth! And a warm welcome to my kitchen table!

    It's always fun to meet another cross-stitcher. I love to cross stitch but also am a fan of sewing, crocheting and embroidery.

    I'll plan to post my progress on this at the end of June, and at the end of every month until I finish it.

    Thanks for visiting, and be sure to stop by any time. There are lots of posts in the archives that might interest you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.