Saturday, October 01, 2016

Lakeside retreat, part 4


Sunrise on Umbagog
I've been struggling with whether or not to join in on Write 31 Days or not.  This is a writing challenge that goes on every October and involves writing every day on a particular topic. Last year I did blog every day in October and chose the topic of autumn, (which may be a bit of a cop-out, but oh well).  However, I didn't actually join the challenge -- just challenged myself to see if I could write 31 posts on a topic.

 This year, I've really had a hard time deciding what to do.  I did sign up for the challenge, but on thinking it over more, I don't think I'm going to be linking up my posts.  Life is just too crazy right now for me to commit myself and go to the work of designing and making a button and all that.  I had been thinking of doing 31 posts on the topic of memories -- and, although I will probably include memories in my posts, I will again use the topic of autumn, my favorite season, about which I still have much to say!

So let us begin with the last installment of our autumn retreat at Umbagog Lake!  This was a Sunday and the day that we checked out, so this will be short.

Before packing everything up to leave, Mr. T wanted to take his kayak out one last time.  He got some pretty (if slightly blurry) sunrise photos.



Then we ate breakfast and packed the car.  We wanted to leave at ten in time to arrive at a church in Colebrook, NH for the morning service at eleven.  En route, we just had to get the picture of this little airport:

We enjoyed worshiping at Community Baptist Church and afterward, enjoyed a nice lunch out with the pastor and his wife who are friends of ours.  After a leisurely and most enjoyable lunch, we headed to Vermont to travel down that side of the Connecticut River and eventually back into New Hampshire.  It was a nice drive.  We got a bit sleepy so stopped for coffee along the way.  We then saw my dad at the nursing home and of course, had to make one last stop:
before heading home.  It was very cold out so we ate our ice cream in the car, but enjoyed every bit of it.  We tried a new flavor: chocolate strawberry, and it was so good.   Chocolate ice cream with bits of strawberries in it.

So ended our autumnal lakeside retreat.  We were happy to get home and energized for the busy days ahead.  So very thankful for this time.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you and Mr T really had a refreshing time on your own!! And hey, ice cream is good no matter how cold it is outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good, Arlene. So good. The time, I mean, not the ice cream ... but that was indeed very yummy. The ice cream window at this place will close on Columbus Day (though pints will still be available in their Dairy Store at the same location) so after that, we won't be stopping there again until next May or June.

    But as I said, the time was good -- it just seemed so short. Today I am really struggling with feeling depressed ... not sure why.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.