Friday, September 01, 2017

September goals


This beautiful graphic is by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
I'm not really sure where the summer has gone, are you?  Thankfully, the calendar tells us there are still several more official weeks of summer.  But September is here, and with it comes the need to set new goals for the month.  Here are my goals for September:

* Continue with daily Scripture journaling for my quiet time†
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue new study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night. 
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Drink kombucha each day.
* Keep up with Flylady's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible
* Post regularly in my Christmas blog
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and work on crafting any handmade ones
* Declutter filing cabinets and bookshelves
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house; work on estate
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
* Attend 2 ladies' retreats
* Continue upholding my husband as he continues on with our church's pastoral search

 † I'll resume my informal study of Come Before Winter, by Charles Swindoll, probably in November.

SEPTEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully/drink kombucha
WORD for 2017: Stewardship

And here's how August went:
* Continue an informal study of Come Before Winter, by Charles Swindoll, for my quiet time (I switched this to daily Scripture journaling for July and August) -- Done!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- Done!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- Done!
* Continue new study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus -- Done!
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- not done, though we did walk a lot in Nevada and Idaho
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night -- not done
* Limit sugar and red meat -- did well limiting meat; not so well with sugar
* Drink enough water each day -- not done consistently
* Drink kombucha each day -- missed a few days while on vacation
* Keep up with Flylady's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible -- Done!
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- not done
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and work on crafting any handmade ones  -- Done!
* Declutter filing cabinets and bookshelves -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- Done!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- not as much as I'd have liked
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- Done!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house; work on estate -- Done! (That is, not completed, but I'm working on it steadily)
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- Done!
* Visit loved ones in Nevada -- Done!
* Continue upholding my husband as he continues on with our church's pastoral search-- Done!  (Again, the search is not done; I'll be thankful when I can say that it is!)

AUGUST'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully/drink kombucha
WORD for 2017: Stewardship

I am certainly hoping for a much more productive September and October!

2 comments:

  1. Great September goals, hope you complete them all. I'm so happy to see September, fall is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! Fall is my favorite time of year also, but I'm not quite ready for it. We haven't had much of a summer up here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.