Friday, October 13, 2023

From the October archives (2023 edition)

Lately my heart has been aching a bit that I can't manage to find more blogging time.  Last year, I posted every day in October.  And oh, how I miss doing that this time around!  I was looking at some of my October posts from last year, looking for a post to feature, and really enjoyed rereading some of them, even as my heart hurt to not be doing this, this year.

So in the interest of pulling together a quick post, I decided it had been long enough (about 5 years) since I posted favorites from the archives.  It's time to do that again using archived posts from 2018 to 2022.  So here goes!

From 2018, you may get a chuckle from this post: The Best Breakfast Potatoes (and a bushel of laughs).  It still makes me laugh out loud whenever I read it.


Also from 2018, Emma's Apple Cake was a winner that I'd love to bake again.

From October 2019, A Few Photos from the Great North Woods gives you a look at our favorite place on earth.


Easy Comfort Food for a Fall Evening might give you an idea for a quick supper.

In October 2019, if you go back to the archive you can also read about a ladies' retreat and our week-long getaway to the Great North Woods, not to mention a couple of good cookie recipes.

For October 2020 I chose a little Bible study on deliverance.  Maybe even more timely today.

Apple Crisp Pie Bars is a recipe I came up with by adjusting and combining two other recipes.  They went over well then and I may bake them again this year.

Fall Follies is a potpourri post with a lot of fun going on, from frogs to outdoor concerts to jumping in leaf piles.

 For October 2021,  Answering a question or several might be an interesting read, especially if you are new here. 

And how about a Friday five, Fall Foliage edition, where you'll find some gorgeous fall leaves from all around our state!

And for October 2022,  A frugal fall supper features a zucchini garden chowder you might enjoy.

Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with a maple filling ... I'd forgotten about these, but my hubby made them and they were scrumptious.

Fall Meet-up with Friends was one of several last October.  Yummy food!

Lastly, Starting a new scrapbook journal might provide some inspiration if you enjoy journaling.

Well now,  I feel better!  It did me a world of good to put together a post just for fun.  Hope readers enjoy it as much as I did!

2 comments:

  1. It's always kind of fun to go back and re-read what we've written in the past and relive some of our happy times as well as some of the more difficult times that resulted in a deeper kind of growth. I will take the time to read some of your posts as I can. They all look interesting and good. I always enjoy seeing what you are doing and seeing the scenery around you, especially in the fall, which is my favorite time of year. May God continue to bless you with His grace and mercy and kindness in the days and weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I certainly enjoyed going through your posts. This is also my favorite time of year to blog...now through New Years. Time seems to pass so quickly anymore! Have a cozy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.