Monday, October 02, 2023

Some goals for October

 


 October is here!  September went by in a blur.  It seems I was sick for most of the month.  I came down with some sort of cold around the 4th, and am really just beginning to feel better.  So I am hoping for a healthy, productive and restorative October.

Here are a few goals for this month:

* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week
* Continue working through the "Make Room Challenge" from Make Room for What You Love
* Post in this blog as often as possible -- hopefully several times per week
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Stay at our little camp as often as possible
* Volunteer at The Wilds of New England as we are needed
* Attend a celebration of life for an elderly friend
* Attend a 100th birthday party for a special lady
* Host visiting friends from out of state for a meal and fellowship at our camp
* Have friends over for lunch after church
* Craft some homemade Christmas gifts and decorations (yes, even now!)
* Do some sewing projects ( a few more sachets to stave off musty odors) for the cottage
* Do a couple cleaning/painting projects at the cottage
* Sew 2 pillow quilts for youngest granddaughters
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects
* Continue decluttering the entire house, zone by zone
* With my hubby, set some goals for the rest of 2023
* Host a church missions team meeting at our cottage
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Finish up my trust responsibilities
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
* Continue focusing on improving my gut health
* Get more serious about Scripture memory
* Prepare and teach a ladies' Sunday School class each week
* Take part in a ladies ministry with our church ladies
* Attend a monthly ladies Bible study at a friend's home
* Get back into our study of the book of Daniel with younger believers
* Continue to help a widowed friend with the challenges of life in general
* Drink enough water each day
* Begin a 40-day sugar fast
* Walk and/or exercise at least 4 times each week

HEALTHY HABITS FOR OCTOBER:  Drink more water/get more sleep/get more exercise/intermittent fasting/limit sugar/work on gut health

As always, many of these goals are ongoing ones and will not be finished just because September has ended.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I pray you are better soon, and are able to fully enjoy October. I agree that September seemed to fly right by! How is it October?? Your list is very inspiring, and I shall join you on some of the things listed. First up is drinking more water. I have always struggled with that. Thanks for sharing, and have a cozy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some wonderful plans on the horizon! Celebrating a 100th birthday party - what fun!! Here's to a beautiful month...in all sorts of ways!! Happy October:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your goals. I have several that are the same. And others that are all about getting the garden ready for winter. Planting spring bulbs, garlic and protecting plants from the rabbits during the winter months are all my October goals.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.