Monday, September 09, 2019

Scenes of late summer


Just sharing a few photos I took on Friday.  I admit to having no photography expertise of any kind; these are just some pretty scenes I saw around the neighborhood on Friday morning.

The first few, including the one at top, were taken on the grassy bank of a brook, just as a heavy fog was beginning to lift.  I took these around 7:30 on Friday morning and got my feet very wet from dew in the process.

 In the photos above and below, you can barely see what I was hoping to capture -- pink joe-pye weed, white and purple asters, and yellow goldenrod.  The pink flowers are near the center of each photo, just down from the top.  The fog really prevented them from being seen well.

When I got back home,  the sun was shining brighter in a few areas around the yard and it beckoned me to snap just a few more photos.
 A pretty leaf on the patio walkway.
 Lush ferns by an old mossy stone wall.

Wooden steps over a stone wall, surrounded by green, green foliage.

All too soon, fall will be here.  In my limited way, I wanted to capture just a bit of the late-summer beauty while it is still with us.

10 comments:

  1. You did a great job even capturing that mysterious fog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee! We have had so many foggy mornings lately.

      Delete
  2. The pictures are just beautiful. I am holding onto summer as well even though it is real hot. I don't like to rush days anymore. They get here soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. I know just what you mean about not wanting to let summer go. 😯

      Delete
  3. I need to go out with my camera soon. While I don't have the nearly as interesting vistas as you, the world is really pretty here at summer's end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely time of year, isn't it? Looking forward to seeing the scenes you capture with your camera!😊

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Beautiful pics - would love to have a photography class at some point.
    Lucie from http://luludou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucie! A photography class sounds like a good idea after my hubby retires!😊

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos! It will be so nice to have these pictures to look back on during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is looking like fall up your way Mrs T.....low humidity, a Southern Gal's delight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.