Thursday, October 19, 2023

A foliage walk

 

This morning my hubby had an errand (giving a friend who'd dropped a vehicle at the mechanic's shop a ride home) and when he returned he suggested the two of us head out for a foliage walk.  He had ssen some pretty trees not far from our house.  So out we went!  I'll just share photos and captions in the interest of a quick post, but it's way better than no post at all -- so here we go.

This gravesite is all by itself next to the road.  I believe it's a Revolutionary War soldier, not sure.  The town places flags on all veterans' graves. but someone else has put this urn with marigolds and a vine here.  A lovely thing for someone to do.
Headed down the road from our house.
This red tree is outstanding.
Both orange and yellow leaves here.
Both red and orange here and below.

The pretty red sprig of leaves above is right here at the edge of our own yard.

There you have it!  Later, the sun came out and he went back to get more photos.  He got some great ones which I can hopefully share another day.

4 comments:

  1. Such beauty. It will be a few more weeks before we have any color, but I look forward to it. The weather is delightful this week so that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fall leaves! What a lovely walk! So beautiful! We don't have such a treat here in Florida. Thank you for this lovely blessing today. I can almost feel the coolness and smell the fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:35 PM

    Lovely! Our color is starting to come on now, too! So much beauty!

    Deanna Rabe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.