Monday, December 11, 2017

Sweet vintage card


Readers of my Christmas blog know that I love Christmas card scenes depicting mailboxes.  I've said many times that the reason I love these scenes so much may just be that they picture a more innocent, trusting time.  One could leave packages in and around the mailbox and they would be perfectly safe. 

Whatever the reason, I appreciate these simple country scenes so much.  And as I've been sorting through reams of old paper, I've found so many lovely cards, and probably a half-dozen depict mailbox scenes that are new to me.  This particular card is a tiny size, probably 3 by 5 inches, and I like the more muted colors.  The chickadee and bunny add a sweet touch.  Adding sentimental value to this card is the fact that it was sent by my favorite great-aunt, Bessie. 

If you love vintage, and I know many of you do, I'm sure this card will be of as much interest to you as it is to me!

5 comments:

  1. Isn’t it a little as if Aunt Bessie sent Christmas greetings all over again? Charming little card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Christmas card. It it so pretty and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I am Vintage these days Mrs T.lol I too enjoy seeing the pretty cards from bygone days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that card for all the reasons you said. That bunny and chickadee are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love Vintage cards and other things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.