Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Saturday, December 02, 2017
Oh, don't you love the vintage card above? It's one that I found in my cleaning and sorting spree. I love how it gives a window into a Christmas kitchen!
I really have no idea at all if I'll be able to post here daily, but I will give it a try. Today I'll just share what I did yesterday for Christmas preparations:
* Began a December Scripture-writing plan
* Took down all the fall items in the dining room
* Took the fall trims off the grapevine wreath on the front door
* Replaced them with winterberries, at least for now
* Replaced "Autumn Blessings" with "December blessings" on the chalkboard
* Redid the table with a more Christmasy look
* Redid the hutch with a more Christmasy look
(Both of these are likely to change as Christmas gets closer. Both are pretty simple right now. The table just has a pretty Christmas dish towel (from my friend Arlene's Cracker Barrel giveaway) for a runner, with a Christmasy bowl of cookie cutters atop it. The hutch will definitely be changed as more of my Christmas things are brought down from the attic.)
The boxes containing Christmas gifts are starting to arrive quickly now, so I will need to get busy wrapping and I do still have a few last gifts to attend to.
One important thing I've done toward my Christmas cookie baking is to order a new hand mixer from a Black Friday sale at Kohl's. My hand mixer barely works. It doesn't owe me anything, as I have worked it nearly to death. The new one should arrive any day and I am anxious to try it out!
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.