Wednesday, June 05, 2019

A kinda cheesy Wednesday Medley


Wednesday again, and time for the Wednesday Medley hosted by Terri at Your Friend from Florida.  Terry is using National Cheese Day as a theme for the questions in this week's Medley.  Why not head over to Terri's and get the the questions to answer them on your own blog? Here goes:

1.  National Cheese Day is Tuesday, rather than Wednesday, but I think we should celebrate cheese this week!!  Let's start by sharing your favorite cheese with us.  Which one is always in your fridge?
 We love cheese in this house!  American cheese and Parmesan are always in the fridge but neither is necessarily our favorite.   We also love provolone and cheddar -- oh yes, and I always have cheese sticks in the fridge, either the cheddar or colby jack, sometimes both. 

I keep shredded cheese in the freezer because it tends to mold easily.  Shredded sharp cheddar, Mexican blend, and Mozzarella are always in the freezer.  I also store crumbled Feta and crumbled blue cheese in the freezer because I use them frequently, but not every day so they stay fresher there.
Cheeseburger Soup -- photo from Taste of Home
2.  What is your preference? Mild, Sharp, or Extra Sharp?  How do you use cheese most often?
Sharp or extra sharp, probably.  The Cabot Seriously Sharp cheddar is wonderful.  

I guess I probably use cheese most as an ingredient -- and I routinely reduce the amount of cheese called for in recipes by about half.  No one needs that much cheese, especially if the recipe also includes meat or eggs.  Also, the sharper the cheese, the more flavor it adds to the dish, so less can be used.  We do enjoy snacking on cheese with apples, crackers or popcorn,  but not that often.  

Chocolate mousse with strawberries -- photo from Taste of Home
3.  Cheesecake?  New York style or what other flavors would you rather have? 
Good question.  Just a plain New York style with some cherry pie filling on top is good.  I've also made many other cheesecakes over the years but would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite.  Below you see a slice of felt cheesecake, one of many felt desserts and other felt foods I've made as gifts for grandkids.

4.  When you do grilled cheese sandwiches, which cheese do you prefer to use and what condiments do you use, if any?
I usually use American cheese, and I use 1 1/2 to 2 slices per sandwich.  No condiments, just butter on the bread.
Pepper Jack Mac'n'Cheese, from Taste of Home
5.  Number 5 on June 5th... Say happy birthday to my sister, Tammy!!
Happy Birthday, Tammy!  And also say Happy Birthday to my grandson, Nathan!  He is turning six today, but this photo was taken 2 years ago.
6.  Share something with us about your week. If it includes using cheese in a recipe, please also share that with us too!!
 Let's see.  The week seems to have flown by; I have no idea how it got to be Wednesday already.  Mr. T and I are busier than we have ever been in our lives, it seems.  Although I haven't used cheese in a recipe yet this week, I'll try and share links to the recipes for the pictured foods.
Apple Feta Salad, photo from Taste of Home

For the Cheeseburger Soup, go here: Cheeseburger Soup.
For the Chocolate or Cheesecake Mousse with Strawberries, go here: Cheesecake Mousse with Strawberries.
For the Pepper Jack Mac, go here: Pepper Jack Mac.
For the Apple Feta Tossed Salad, go here: Apple Feta Tossed Salad.
And if you should be interested in the felt cheesecake slice, go here: Felt Cheesecake Slice.  It's actually a tutorial for pumpkin pie with whipped cream, but I turned it into cheesecake by using a different color felt and adding a felt strawberry to the top.

Happy Wednesday, all!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Nathan!!!
    I am a cheese fan too. That nac and cheese looks so good! Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. We are in total agreement about our favorite cheese...Cabot extra sharp cheddar is the best! I don't have any in my fridge...I have some shredded mozzarella and now I think it should be in the freezer instead.

    Jack is a handsome grand. Hope that his sixth birthday is great fun for him.

    Hope that you and Mr. T get some time to relax. You sound terribly busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have known you would be a Cabot gal. I love that Cabot is a co-op of dairy farmers. That Seriously Sharp is seriously delicious!

      I haven't heard an update on the birthday. Last year he was 5 on the 5th, so they did something special as his "golden birthday", I believe it's called. They did a Ninja party complete with an ingenious backyard obstacle course.

      Well, we did get that picnic. But you are right. We are, in fact, terribly busy. Taking a week up north in September, so that's something to look forward too!

      Delete
  3. Yum!! Not one person has said they don't like cheese. I believe it is unanimous! Thanks for joining the Medley this week! I'm saving the cheeseburger soup!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, be sure and try that soup on a cool day this fall or winter, Terri. It is so good!

      Thanks for visiting and hosting. Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.